Our home base for the week is picturesque, with grand vistas and gorgeous building structures to focus our attention on. This week, with Kathie as your instructor, will consist of her daily painting classes and exploration of the surrounding areas to compose small sketches and start our paintings. The emphasis is on capturing the mood and feelings of the artist.
Acrylic or watercolor paint media will be used; it is your option. We will have opportunities to start paintings in the mornings and return to the studio to continue working on them in the afternoons or evenings. Finished critiques will be part of ending each workday.
Additional Activities: Our daily painting will be combined with other adventures such as:
- Day trip to Medieval Siena to sketch, take photos, explore and shop
- Excursions to nearby hilltowns like Radda, Castellina, Monteriggioni, etc.
toChianti winery for a tour and tasting
- Variety of
pleinair locations to paint landscapes, villages, and the Tuscan light
- Discussions of Tuscan cuisine with our chef
After excursions or painting on location, we’ll return each evening to relax in our
To find out more, click here to see my section on the Il Christo website!
Price: $2975 p/p based on double occupancy
Early Bird Special – $200 discount if registered by 12/31/20
- $550 for single room
- $250 p/p for a suite (min. 2 persons)
- Shared double room in restored monastery
- Daily traditional breakfast and dinner, including wine
- Daily painting classes and critiques
- Excursion to Siena
- ½ day painting excursions to nearby plein air settings and hilltowns (Monteriggioni, Radda, Volpaia…)
- Pick up from Florence train station at 3:30pm on arrival Saturday
- Transfer to bus/train station in Siena (not Florence) on final day
Kathie’s painting scenes from the Tuscany area.